Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What to Eat on the Primary Trail

Besides politics, food is my favorite topic of conversation. OK, who am I kidding? I hardly ever talk about politics! You'll often find me at parties chatting about people's eating habits - You ate WHAT for breakfast?! - and sharing recipe ideas or food finds. Rarely will I venture into political territory.

So I was really excited to learn about Trailmix, a blog experiment from Jonathan Martin, who covers the presidential primaries for Politicio.com.

"Besides politics, I also happen to really like food. Particularly, I'm fond of local joints that serve whatever the regional delicacy happens to be. So when out on the trail, I like to take advantage of the chance to chow down on, say, corn in Iowa, chowder in New Hampshire and BBQ in South Carolina."

Martin is taking tips from locals about the best places to eat on the primary trail. Yum! Count me in for this political discussion.

No comments: