Thursday, October 04, 2007

Finding a Lawyer

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but every once in a while someone thinks I belong to that profession. I think it's because of the whole Advocacy / DC thing I've got going on (many people think I'm a lobbyist as well, which is, well, wrong). At any rate, because I get this question often I thought I'd pass along a great resource for finding lawyers, specifically, TopLawyersofAmerica.com.

For the uninitiated, this site offers links to lawyers all around the country in various areas of law, including bankruptcy, business, corporate and personal injury. All you have to do is enter your location and the type of lawyer you're looking for (or, if you're not sure, you can look under all genres.) More listing are being added every day. In addition, the site has headlines of what's going on in the lawerly world (did you know there's a lawyer's strike in Pakistan?)

One of my favorite parts of the site is the online forum, which you can find by clicking here. In fact, many simple questions of law are addressed here -- you may be able to find the information you need without hiring a lawyer at all!

This is a great site for anyone needing to track down legal assistance -- and remember, don't ask me! I never went to law school (although some of my best friends are lawyers).

No comments: