He had also, of course, had some useful / interesting things to say about the upcoming election, including:
- Young voters are registering in droves and are likely to actually vote in the general this year.
- He does not believe that Obama supporters should worry about the "Bradley effect," where voters might indicate that they would support an African American for president in pre-election polls and then change their mind in the voting booth.
- White voters over 50 are the toughest group for Obama to attract, and may be the ones that ultimately decide the election.
- Democrats should expect to gain 6 to 8 seats in the Senate and anywhere from 12 to 20 in the House.
- Obama's lead, although narrow, has been steady. Unless something dramatic happens, he's likely to maintain that lead and win the overall election.
It was an entertaining and thought-provoking session. We'll have to see if it was prescient in about a month!