A fly-in can be one of the most effective ways to motivate adovates and get your message across to Capitol Hill. It can also be one of the most stressful experiences of your career – or possibly even your life. Join this session on December 8th at 12pm to gain some tips and techniques for reducing stress and increasing effectiveness. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fun-with-fly-ins-tickets-39669504556?aff=ehomecard
We’ll look at:
We’ll look at:
- · Streamlined, efficient structures for registering advocates and scheduling meetings.
- · How to craft policy compelling materials that will influence advocates and legislators alike.
- · What advocates need to know to be prepared (it’s not what you think)!
- · The role social media and electronic communications can play in marking, or breaking, your event.
- · Best strategies to encourage advocates to connect with policymakers in district.
- · Different options for small, medium, and large events and how to choose.
- · Types of events you can include in a fly-in, including events in district.
The panelists for this session have decades of grassroots experience in Washington, DC. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from their successes (and mistakes). You’ll come away with an actionable path for your next event, as well as exclusive access to our follow-up video course.
- · Moderator: Stephanie Vance
- · Monika Geraci, Recreational Vehicle Industry Association
- · Matt Wright, Children’s Hospital Association
- · Randy Ford, National Write Your Congressman